Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good!!!

since my last blog post a lot has changed for me! Dale has returned home, and i of course followed right behind him! Sadly his 7 month journey ended in a double peer drop...This has been a crazy adventure for us both, and i admire the love of my life for being so strong and sticking it out for so long. He has come home covered in cuts scrapes and scars, and he needs some time to heal and gain back some muscle he lost. Because of his dedication to the pursuit of the tab he will have the chance to go back in about a year and try again, and I along with everyone else who has followed his progress know that he will make it this time, and with flying colors.


So today is a Tuesday, i flew out to WA. on a Friday....finally got in on Saturday! such a long crazy journey! my plane was delayed, and then i had to stay in a hotel in Memphis, from Memphis flew to salt lake city Utah and then to Seattle...throughout the entire trip i was pretty numb tot he fact that i would be seeing Dale again, i didn't really believe it was happening until the wheels hit the tarmac at the sea-tac airport and then i started to get really excited and nervous! it was the first time i would be seeing him in 158 days....i navigated my way around the airport, and then finally we were in the same place....i waited by luggage carousel number 5, he was by number 2....i was to stay put while he came to me....the 30 seconds it took for him to get to me seemed like hours! and then finally i looked up and there he was, standing 10 feet away from me with a huge smile on his face. i stayed put while he closed the distance between us.....158 days really is too long. So not that we are back together, it is time to go locate my luggage....we look in the big piles of suitcases laying around, but none belonged to me :( at this point i felt so gross! i just wanted a shower but all the things i needed was in my checked bag.....i had to wait for my bag to fly in on the next plane, it was coming in about 3 or so hours later...we decided we would drive around so Dale could show me some of Washington--he had some surprises for me. He rented a car that he was pretty pleased with and he couldn't wait to show me, he walked me out to the parking garage and what do you think was waiting for me? a beautiful cherry red mustang, i knows i like my cars "sexual" (a little inside joke between us) the car was really nice, we even got complimented on it as we drove down the highway, lol. My bag finally came in by almost 7 pm that day, we got a hotel room and i got cleaned up-and then he took me to Seattle! I love this man...i was so hungry, sleep deprived and stressed that i know i wasn't very fun to be around, the way people were driving was scaring me so bad! I really have to work on not freaking out so much.

so sunday roles around and it is time to buy our own car....this ball is rolling fast! no rest for the weary! we looked around at a few places and test drove a few cars, i knew Dale wasn't sold on any of them, that is until he set his eyes on a jeep grand cherokee. There was a little sparkle in his eyes, yup this was gonna be our car. we tested it out and it passed all the tests, we are no the proud owners of a jeep. we drove off the lot and straight to the airport to return the absurdly expensive rental car and get a days use worth of money back....

Monday brings Dales first day back to work! he was a little nervous but it all went alright. When he came home we went straight to the pierce county auditors office and got our marriage license!!! i was so nervous, but it all turned out ok, and i couldn't be happier! Next it was time to finalize our apartment hunt, we had really been looking online for the past 5 months, we had done some chatting with a few of them, but ultimately we decided on a place that was month to month so we could save for something better while not having to stay in a hotel.

Today, tuesday, we go bed shopping and buy some cleaning supplies, we are gonna clean that place top to bottom and start the first steps into making it our home.

Thursday-A wedding!


so far this is it! Dale survived RS and so did I! I love knowing that at the end of the day i won't be sleeping alone anymore, when Dale leaves work he gets to come home to me! I don't know who thinks they have the biggest prize, him or me....i guess we can both agree that we are pretty lucky to have each other.
Together again!


YAY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment